These are similar to their image-based counterparts. However, they are managed via a separate API resource (
performance-video/items/) - with its own object schema and flow.
The terms 'performance video item' and 'motion ad' are used here interchangeably.
- Performance video items (motion ads) are used in sponsored content campaigns.
- You can use regular ads and motion ads in a single campaign.
- The Top Campaign Content Report returns stats for both regular ads and motion ads.
- Similarly, the
itemsendpoint returns both regular ads and motion ads.
However, to access properties that are specific to motion ads, you must use the
itemsendpoint does not support GIF. Instead, use the
When creating a motion ad, you must provide 2 assets:
- A video asset.
- A default image (aka fallback image).
The above 2 assets can be provided as a URL - or via a file upload.
In return, the Taboola solution generates 3 new assets:
- An optimized video file, in MP4 format.
- A GIF, based on the above MP4.
- An optimized default image (aka fallback image).
The above 3 assets are saved in the Taboola CDN.
The response object contains URL paths to the newly created files.
When serving your motion ad, Taboola will serve the appropriate asset, based on the publisher account settings:
Publisher allows video?
Video (MP4) is served
Else - publisher allows animated GIF?
GIF is served
The default image (aka fallback image) is served.
Guidelines for Motion Ads
For guidelines and best practices, refer to the Help Center, or sync with your Taboola Account Manager.