Page view discrepancies
When comparing page view (PV) data for Google Analytics (GA) and Taboola Backstage, you may come across discrepancies.
As a first step for such cases, we recommend reviewing the following check-list:
- Make sure you have implemented Taboola across all your pages.
- Make sure that the Taboola loader tag is present in the
<head>of each page, and that you are setting
E.g. the homepage should have a page type of
home, while an article should have a type of
- Verify that you have integrated Taboola into your pages correctly, and that Taboola placements are showing. If no placements are showing on a given page, Taboola Backstage will not record a page view.
- Is your website implemented as an infinite scroll? If yes, make sure to pass the canonical URL, each time the user scrolls to a new page.
- Have you implemented a lazy loading solution? Lazy loading will typically cause Taboola Backstage to reflect less page views than GA.
- It's important to be aware that there are key differences in how GA and Taboola record page views. For that reason, Taboola Backstage typically reflects less page views than GA.
For a more accurate comparison, consider creating a custom GA event.
- When making comparisons between the 2 systems, follow our recommended guidelines.
Tracking PVs via GA
For more detail about how Taboola tracks page views - and how you can set up a custom GA event - see: Tracking PVs via GA
For further questions or assistance, reach out to your Taboola Account Manager.
Updated 19 days ago