- Prior to launch, you must provide Taboola with a test app for verification. Skipping this step may result in a significant loss of revenue.
- Before submitting your app to Taboola, review the checklist below.
We recommend using the latest SDK version - e.g.
- Follow all integration steps carefully. (Refer to the topics above.)
- Do not cache Taboola content. Fetch new content each time the app opens or the relevant screen is created.
- Do not refresh Taboola content unnecessarily.
- Fetch content as soon as the screen loads.
- Refer to the sample app provided.
By default, all content will open in the system browser (or a new tab, if AndroidX Browser is present). You can (optionally) override this behavior for organic content.
For more information, see: Event Handling > onItemClick.
If your application implements dark mode:
- Contact your Taboola Account Manager to enable dark mode for your account.
- Set the Taboola SDK dark-mode feature flag to true.
For more information, see: Basic Integration > Dark Mode.
GDPR and CCPA
In order to provide personalized recommendations for impressions in the EU and California, make sure to implement GDPR & CCPA respectively.
Otherwise, Taboola will serve contextual recommendations only, without the use of personal data.
As an app publisher, you must declare Taboola as an authorized seller in your app-ads.txt file. Failure to do so can result in a significant loss of revenue.
For more detail, see: app-ads.txt
Before you launch
- Provide Taboola with an APK file or invitation to your Beta Testing Program.
- Provide documented steps for reaching all Taboola products within the app.
- Await verification by Taboola.
Updated 8 months ago